Saturday 12 March 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day Five.

A Song That Reminds You Of Someone.



This would probably be a strong contender for favourite song but it kind of had to go here. It reminds me of Foster because I fist heard it because of him. Appazza Foals released this once and no one liked it so they released it again like a year later where suddenly lots of people loved it. Foster had loved it from the first time. I had no idea about it even when it came out the second time.
And, I don't really remember, but I think we may have been having a conversation about Foals and I hadn't heard any of their newer stuff so he linked me. And he got really into describing the song. "Beautiful" was a word that stands out. At the time it was pretty funny..he also had a man crush on Yannis but to be fair who can blame him :)
And to be fair the song on its own is amazing, how it starts off quiet and calm and then builds up (I realise a lot of songs do this but this does it extra well, especially when you think it's building and then it goes back down again) and the video has something about it, like the water with all the broken ice on it and how Yannis is so dark against the white..ok, I'm starting to sound like him but there you go.
And I don't think this whole thing happened too long before we started going out so it's just sort of always been there. Lovely stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment